PYI Inc. is looking for new talent to join our team. With the ever changing and evolving marine industry PYI Inc. has a proven track record for meeting and exceeding the demands of this industry. Since it was founded in 1981, PYI has always stayed true to the core values of putting customers first and providing quality, innovative products. We are looking for new team members who feel the same.
We at PYI Inc. value teamwork, creativity, and great attention to detail. PYI offers a positive environment where these traits are cultivated and rewarded.
- Title: Purchasing Manager
- Job Post Date: 6/14/2018
- Location: Lynnwood, WA
- Position Type: Full Time, (M-F, 7:00am - 4:00pm)
- Start Date: August 1, 2018
As Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for sourcing materials, supplies, equipment and managing Vendors. You will be required to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories, search for quality suppliers and negotiate favorable pricing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for materials, supplies and equipment.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Source and evaluate new Vendors of materials, supplies and equipment
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Manage and maintain inventory levels with department managers.
- Manage physical inventory counts.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products and materials.
- Coordinate and consolidate overseas shipments.
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager or agent.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Skilled in negotiating and networking.
- Ability to gather and analyze data.
- Solid judgment along with decision making skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to work well within a team and take direction from management.
- Knowledge of Sage accounting software a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel specifically is a must.
Competitive pay with a great benefits package including company paid employee health & dental insurance. 401k safe harbor plan, 7 paid holidays, paid vacation.
To apply for this position please send us your Cover Letter and Resume by clicking the link below.Apply For This Position